When patients suffer from an unexpected clinical event, healthcare team members involved in the care may also be adversely affected and are at risk of suffering professionally and personally. As many as one in three healthcare providers may experience emotional suffering in the events’ aftermath. Sometimes known as the ‘second victim phenomenon,’ the impacted clinicians frequently suffer in silence. Understanding critical interventions that could help the clinician recover is essential knowledge for all healthcare leaders.
Join Beterra to gain insights into the human response to emotionally challenging clinical events, ways that individuals can offer assistance, and the potential impact of supportive presence (or lack thereof) on staff members’ patient safety perceptions.
What will the webinar cover?
• High-risk clinical events that elicit an emotional response from care team members
• Best practices for supporting an individual clinician during a natural healing process
• Straightforward tips for offering support to the clinician
• Insights into the impact of healthcare team member support on patient safety survey responses
Who should attend?
• Quality, Safety, and Risk Leadership
• Healthcare System Executives
• Wellness Officers
• Physician Champions and Leaders
• Anyone interested in staff wellbeing